Three-dimensional signage (sometimes called 3D signage or dimensional signs) adds an element of depth to a flat sign’s height and width.
The shape, shadows and shading of 3D letters, logos and graphics catch the eye like no two-dimensional flat sign can. No wonder dimensional signs are used inside and outside!
But, what are different kinds of dimensional signs? If you’re thinking of adding one to your store, restaurant, office, mall, school or other facility, you’ll want to know some of the most common types:
- ۳D HDU Signs: HDU or High-Density Urethane foam is strong, light, waterproof and economical. Great for creating custom shapes, HDU dimensional signs feature a carved look with smooth or textured surfaces. Many use 3D HDU signs to recreate the look of wood.
- ۳D Acrylic Signs: Acrylic dimensional signs are often the choice for indoor applications and are especially popular in lobbies. They’re also used as directional signs, room number signs and more. Highly versatile, they can be cut, polished, bevel-edged, engraved or sandblasted. Choose clear dimensional acrylic signs or ones in almost any color
- ۳D Wood Signs: Wood dimensional letters and logos can be made from almost any type of wood — including weather-resistant types like cedar or redwood. 3D sandblasted signs bring out the beauty of the wood grain, adding an air of natural elegance and rustic appeal,
- Dimensional Cast Metal Plaques: Use custom cast metal plaques to identify buildings or businesses. Door and desk nameplates cast in bronze are a classic design element for many offices. Custom 3D metal plaques are often used to signify landmarks, parks, events or people.
- Three-Dimensional Plastic Letters: In addition to acrylic, 3D letters and logos can be formed or injection-molded from other types of plastic. You can get depth and dimension at an affordable price. In addition, you can select from many colors and finishes.
- ۳D Metal Letters: Dimensional metal signs logos can be brushed, painted, polished or left rusty! Popular choices include aluminum, brass, bronze, copper, steel and stainless steel. Dimensional metal signs offer a polished, classic look. They also deliver long-lasting durability.